We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport to Sa Matino Do Porto

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
334 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport to Sa Matino Do Porto

Hi

We are looking at visiting Figuera in June, can anyone tell me please if it is possible to visit Sa Matino for the day, train or bus, we don't mind changing.

Thanks

Kevin

3 replies to this topic
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
23,938 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport to Sa Matino Do Porto

Do you mean Figueira da Foz? If so, you have the train, a slow one, but it exists https:/…lisboa_fig_da_foz.pdf

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport to Sa Matino Do Porto

Thanks yes I do mean Figueira da foz, I have followed your link and have found a through train that will get me into Sa Matinio for 10.45 and a return at teatime.

Mentioned in this post
Figueira da Foz
Figueira da Foz
Coimbra District, Portugal
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
55,203 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport to Sa Matino Do Porto

The 0858 from Figueira da Foz is an 'Urbanos' train to Coimbra, so for São Martinho de Porto you change at Verride. If you do a timetable search, that particular connection is not listed, using instead the previous 0740 train. That's because the time between trains at Verride off the 0858 is 1 minute. Not helpful that the printed timetable shows a connection when the search does not. What to believe??

The two lines actually join a couple of km west of Verride, at the station called Bifurcação de Lares, With the usual careful thought that goes with cost cutting, the platforms there on the line that leads south to Leiria were closed, forcing passengers into a pretty difficult connection at Verride. So at Bifurcação de Lares you will see the line to Leiria and São Martinho do Porto to your right and you just know that train will go sailing past, while your late running train from Figueira da Foz is held at a signal at the junction.

Don't miss that 1619 train back or you will be stuck! It's a pleasant ride through some reasonably nice countryside for the most part. I went to and from Coimbra.

Mentioned in this post
Figueira da Foz
Figueira da Foz
Coimbra
Coimbra
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Leiria
Leiria