We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Faro to lisbon by bus

spain
13 posts
Faro to lisbon by bus

We are from marbella and im planning to park the car in faro and take a bus from faro going to lisbon (I haven’t drive in big cities)can somebody give me insight about my plans.we want to see as much per town.is 1 day enough per town then 2 days in lisbon?we have 4 days vacation.

4 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,477 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Faro to lisbon by bus

You can also travel to Lisbon by train which is quicker and sometimes cheaper than bus, but only 5 trains every day.

But why not drive closer to Lisbon and park somewhere you can use the metro or urban train to reach the city centre? Parking in Faro near either the railway or bus stations is not all easy as both are in the city centre. If you drove another 20 - 30 minutes you could board the same trains at Loulé or Albufeira where there are free car parks. Those stations are 4 - 5 km from the town.

Two days in Lisbon would barely be enough to see the 'essential' things, so you will need to make a list of what you really want to visit.

Edited: 14 May 2018, 22:36
spain
13 posts
2. Re: Faro to lisbon by bus

Thank you

spain
13 posts
3. Re: Faro to lisbon by bus

If we park at Albufeira then get a train going to faro then faro to lisbon then lisbon to Albufeira to get the car do u think its a good idea?should i buy train ticket in advance?we are planning to leave marbella on the 20th.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,477 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: Faro to lisbon by bus

Parking is free at Albufeira railway station. That station is out of town - location shown at https://goo.gl/maps/68ajbRJAfuw - the car park is to the left of the station building.

You have missed the chance of cheap train tickets, but as reservation is required on all trains book now at https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/en/buy-tickets or you may possibly find the train full. All trains stop at Lisbon Entrecampos station for east access to the city centre by metro.

Reply to: Faro to lisbon by bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Faro