We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transport & General Transport

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
Airport Transport & General Transport

Hi,

I'm staying at the Laguna Resort - Vilamoura hotel from the 18th May and I was wondering if anyone knows what's the best type of transport to get there from Faro International airport or would it be better to just take a taxi? Also, are the taxi prices pretty reasonable or not? Some people say it's better to just hire a car for the whole 6 days I'm staying.

If there is a bus/train would someone be able to let me know the transport numbers/prices.

Cheers

2 replies to this topic
Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
7,886 posts
18 reviews
28 helpful votes
1. Re: Airport Transport & General Transport

On your own, I would book a shared shuttle ... around 9 euros to Vilamoura ... also for a couple. More than that,

a private transfer is around 30 euros ... taxi around 45 euros ... check the links on the top right of any page for transfer companies. I book through Travel Republic in the Uk ..

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
59,269 posts
41 reviews
55 helpful votes
2. Re: Airport Transport & General Transport

The Laguna Resort is about half an hour's flat walk or a 5 minute taxi ride from Vilamoura marina, which is pretty much the centre of things. You could easily get away without renting a car unless you were planning days out far afield.

Reply to: Airport Transport & General Transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Faro
Recent Conversations