We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transport & General Transport

4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport Transport & General Transport

Hi,

I'm staying at the Laguna Resort - Vilamoura hotel from the 18th May and I was wondering if anyone knows what's the best type of transport to get there from Faro International airport or would it be better to just take a taxi? Also, are the taxi prices pretty reasonable or not? Some people say it's better to just hire a car for the whole 6 days I'm staying.

If there is a bus/train would someone be able to let me know the transport numbers/prices.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Vilamoura
Vilamoura
Quarteira, Portugal
Faro
Faro
Faro District, Portugal
2 replies to this topic
Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
6,632 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transport & General Transport

On your own, I would book a shared shuttle ... around 9 euros to Vilamoura ... also for a couple. More than that,

a private transfer is around 30 euros ... taxi around 45 euros ... check the links on the top right of any page for transfer companies. I book through Travel Republic in the Uk ..

Mentioned in this post
Vilamoura
Vilamoura
Quarteira, Portugal
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,677 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transport & General Transport

The Laguna Resort is about half an hour's flat walk or a 5 minute taxi ride from Vilamoura marina, which is pretty much the centre of things. You could easily get away without renting a car unless you were planning days out far afield.

Mentioned in this post
Vilamoura
Vilamoura
Quarteira, Portugal
Reply to: Airport Transport & General Transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted