We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old town square

rothwell
Level Contributor
116 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Old town square

What are the best restaurants to eat at in and around the old town square . last time we were there we ate at shalom and found it very good but this time we are looking at eating at various places

Thank you for any input

smilerjones
Level Contributor
164 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old town square

O manjar and os arcos both very good just off the square. Go to albufeira restaurants and look at the map view and see all the restaurants scattered around the square and old town. you can click on the dots to view the reviews then.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old town square

We loved "The Bistro" the last time we were there & Shalom 2. Will no doubt be frequenting both in 2 weeks time. If you are looking for proper traditional Portuguese food then there is O Zuca just up the lane from Sir Harry`s Bar. It`s quite small but cheap as chips and you will be lucky to see any tourists in it. Look at the reviews and see if it is for you.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old town square

You will be spoilt for choice. Just take a wander around the Old Town Square and theres lots of restauarants to choose from. Also in the back streets of the Old Town Square you have O Catrao and O Valerio (in the same street) with consistent good reviews. There's quite a few touts who will hand you flyers. Prices in some of the restaurants are amazing and the Tourist Menus are excellent value. I am not long back and really am amazed at prices of food and drink in Albufeira.

NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
Level Contributor
758 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old town square

You will pay a premium to eat in the square...for example one place € 12.95 for a cheese burger 😂 your better off wondering off the square

Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old town square

Try Bailott (sp?) just down the road from the tunnel. Ate there twice this week. Not the cheapest but good food.

Albufeira
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old town square

I agree that O Zuca is good value and O Catraio is also not a bad price and good food. O Manjar is good too, big portions. Best tip I can give you is avoid Zansi. Very poor.

The places we eat as residents are away from the square. Adego do David, Dom Capito, Alfredo's, Snack Bar O Jorge, Indian Sizzler and Sate Hut are favourites.

Edited: 09 May 2016, 03:23
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old town square

Head up from the square towards the tunnel, up the steps, turn left and head to Tres Coroas (Three Crowns).

I visit at least once each trip. Great terrace, good food and friendly staff. The wine list has some reasonably priced, good quality reds.

Check out the reviews on TA.

Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Old town square

C19, 5 minute walk from the square, food is very good, and the owners are really nice people, o'jorge very good value lots of locals eat there,dont be put off by the decor, a bit basic looking, but the food is great

rothwell
Level Contributor
116 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Old town square

Thankyou all for your replies and help . will be adding them all to the places to try when we are out there

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Old town square

We always have at least 1 meal at Zanzi's, they have everything including set menu from 5 Euro, I always order the fresh sardines and salad.