We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old town bars and resturants

Dublin, Ireland
5 posts
Save Topic
Old town bars and resturants

Any one recommend any nice bars that will be lively or restaurants in the old town. Arriving Monday and staying until Friday.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old town bars and resturants

Try to get into Shalom 2 if you can - some of the nicest ribs ever, according to my son. it's unlimited too, so you can keep asking for more if you like. Only found that out as we were paying the bill, much to the boy's disgust.

Dublin, Ireland
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Old town bars and resturants

Thanks I've heard of it and were staying right next to it!! Any bars u would recommend??

Albufeira
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old town bars and resturants

What sort of bar do you like? Loud and trendy, quiet and intimate, sporty, musical?

Kildare
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old town bars and resturants

Where are you staying Jayodub, I don't think Shalom 1 or 2 will be open this time of year.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,779 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old town bars and resturants

The Shalom in the narrow bit of Avenida Liberdade just off the square is firmly closed and being refurbished by the look of it. I don't know whether that is 1 or 2.

Dublin, Ireland
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Old town bars and resturants

Any really with some live music nothing mad but not dead either.

Albufeira
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old town bars and resturants

If you are staying near the square, Sir Harry's will probably have some music on. Watch the creeping bar prices though!

Monday afternoon the excellent Carolina Moon plays at Fat Cats, if you are here in time. You will need to get a cab though, about €4 from the cab rank.

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
267 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Old town bars and resturants

The restaurants on the square we like to visit are Buddy's, Pampas, Doce Jardim and off the square o Alentejano, after the bar street near the beach Louisiana, Flavours and a Cabana Fresca.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,779 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Old town bars and resturants

Rock Café in the square is open again. Guitar music cover bands as the name suggests. Next door in Tic Tac bar there was a truly awful karaoke singer on the other night when I walked past.

Doce Jardim was still closed earlier this week

Sherry's Irish bar is open not far from the square. In the square ,head towards the handbag shop on the corner past all the big restaurants with outdoor seating, go up the narrow little road and it's on the left about 50 yards. Just beyond are the Geordie and Cavern bars, both popular with local ex-pat residents and tourists alike. You will also walk past Prazeres restaurant, worth a look.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,779 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Old town bars and resturants

Doce Jardim was open last night.

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira