We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euronet ATMs - cost?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,471 posts
41 reviews
Euronet ATMs - cost?

Does anyone know if these are free to use ie no charge at the point of use?

Euronet ATM's are appearing around town and I am hesitant to use one even if the charge is only few cents, the banks being robbers in any case.

70 replies to this topic
Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,070 posts
1. Re: Euronet ATMs - cost?

They are independent. From their website: "customers are provided access to a larger and more convenient network, with an extensive transaction set and a cost structure that they understand and trust."

west midlands
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
242 reviews
2. Re: Euronet ATMs - cost?

It will ask if they charge a fee and you can say no and it will give you your card back

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,471 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Euronet ATMs - cost?

"customers are provided access to a larger and more convenient network, with an extensive transaction set and a cost structure that they understand and trust."

I detect the irony!

There is nothing as you get in the UK where a notice warns of a fee before you even put in your card. Hence my question. They appear to be those not actually outside a bank.

london
Level Contributor
145 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Euronet ATMs - cost?

Assuming the Euronet atm's in Portugal are the same as in other countries then yes they do charge.

And thanks for the updates and photos on the floods cubsur - such a shame to see all the damage.

1 post
5. Re: Euronet ATMs - cost?

Euronet does not charge any fee to the portuguese custumers.

Costumers from other coutries only pays the fees charged by the Banks and the brands (Visa, MasterCard).

The Brands will pay to euronet a fee for the ATM/network use.

Therefore Euronet does no charge any fee to the custumers.

London, United...
Level Contributor
480 posts
6. Re: Euronet ATMs - cost?

I used a Euronet ATM in Alvor twice in June to withdraw cash with different preloaded cards.

The cards were both MasterCards. One a Caxton and the other a Travelex cash passport - No charge was made for either transaction (the ATM did give the option for the Caxton card being charged in £GB but I obviously choose EUROS)

Charges may be made by your own bank or card provider but neither of the two I use charge for these transactions.

Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Euronet ATMs - cost?

Euronet ATM's in Portugal do not charge a fee. I am from U.S.A. and I believe they give a better exchange rate than Multibanco. I use them because I can get out more than 200 euros at a time. Multibanco limit is 200 euros a day.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,471 posts
41 reviews
8. Re: Euronet ATMs - cost?

Euronet ATM's are now becoming numerous than Multibanco. Since I began yusing them from time to time, I have never been charged any extra at point of use, either with my Portuguese or UK cards

Lisbon, Portugal
2 posts
9. Re: Euronet ATMs - cost?

does the atm have nfc contactless option? thanks bro

Lisbon, Portugal
2 posts
10. Re: Euronet ATMs - cost?

wats the max amount to cashout? thanks

Reply to: Euronet ATMs - cost?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted