We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Town all inclusive hotels.

CHESLYN HAY
Level Contributor
166 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Old Town all inclusive hotels.

I posted several weeks ago about this being my wife and myself's first visit to Albufeira and received some excellent replies. We have made a temporary booking with a small deposit at the Albufeira Sol Suite Hotel and spa. However,being an avid tripadvisor user.My wife and I do our research before heading out on our holidays. And noticed that the above hotel as had some decent reviews. But also I have noticed that it is being flooded with hen&stag parties. Not something I come on my holidays for. Though I do appreciate other people have different holiday requirements to that of myself and wife as we are both of the older generation. We note that many people leave reviews about how nice the old part of Albufeira is. And therein lies the problem. Not being familiar with the area we need help regarding( all inclusive hotels) in old town. Neither myself or my wife are killjoys and do like it on the lively side without it being manic so it would be appreciated if those who are in the know the nice hotels etc. Your help is very much appreciated as only returned two weeks ago from an holiday hell in Turkey.( Should have done more research) And do not wish to experience another bad holiday.Thanks

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
303 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Town all inclusive hotels.

When are you going? Old town Albufeira is busy and therefore noisy in summer.However if travelling during the winter months it is quite pleasant.Parts are quite hilly and roads and pavements are cobbled.Looking at google map,the Albufeira Sol is a bit of a walk from the old town.

CHESLYN HAY
Level Contributor
166 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Town all inclusive hotels.

Thanks for the info. We are going the first week in October.Wife and myself both love walking so do not really mind the hills. Much appreciated.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
8,190 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Town all inclusive hotels.

I think whatever hotel you choose you will find hens, stags and all male and female parties celebrating birthdays etc. October you may find there are not many around hopefully, they normally frequence the resort in the main summer months. I am not sure of any hotels that are all inclusive in the old town, hopefully another forum member can help.

Albufeira Sol is nice and has had a major refurb in the last couple of years. Its situated in the area of Estrada St Eulalia on the new town side of Albufeira and is a nice area, not over rowdy and lots of nice bars and restaurants..

This is their website in case you havn't already seen it. conforhoteis.pt/en/…Hotel-Albufeira-Sol.aspx

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,892 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Town all inclusive hotels.

So far as I know there are no all inclusive hotels in the old town end. With hundreds of restaurants, cafés and bars, who needs it? You can go full board at a lot of the hotels, but you pay for drinks.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
7,317 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Town all inclusive hotels.

There is a hotel guide with links to reviews here at www.albufeiraguide.yolasite.com/ the site also has streetview so you can have a look around your choice of area, etc.

Generally, with over 600 bars and restaurants around, only a few hotels do all inclusive, looking for those short trip parties and families who park by the pool and bar. You`ll get very good accomodation prices for October ... average around 18 euros per night ... and have plenty of cash to visit most restaurants, where the average breakfast is around 3.50 euros, meal and drink maybe 12.00 euros.

CHESLYN HAY
Level Contributor
166 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Town all inclusive hotels.

I would dearly like to thank all of you that responded to my post. Your response is of immense value to both myself and wife.And as such I will stick with our original booking at the Albufeira Sol and Spa. We are both looking forward to visiting Albufeira and especially Portugal as we have had so many rave reviews about Portugal and it's people. So once again a massive thank you to all contibutors very much appreciated. kooch

7. Re: Old Town all inclusive hotels.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 15:16