We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Town To Train Station

Manchester
Level Contributor
402 posts
33 reviews
Old Town To Train Station

Hello,

I have been studying the great http://www.algarvebus.info/ website but sadly I cant seem to figure out if I can get a bus from the old town (Colina do Mar Residencial) to the train station or even a bus to the bus station then transfer or even walk to the bus station then a bus.

Thanks.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
7,419 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Old Town To Train Station

You can`t get a bus direct to the Train station at Ferreiras from anywhere but the bus station. The RED2 bus at the top of Azevedo (on Litoral) goes at 14 and 44 up past both the Health Centre and Bus Station, where you can pick up the Linha Laranja giro to Train station. Bus station would be best as you`ll have maybe a 20 minute wait. If you prefer to walk down ... the same bus goes to Liberdade terminal a couple of minutes later.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,471 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Old Town To Train Station

If you are going walk down to the stops at Avenida da Liberdade you might consider another 10 minutes walk along the footpath and pick up the Linha Laranja at the Health Centre. If you take the two buses option, it will be about a 40 minute trip (including the 20 minutes wait between buses) to cover the 4 miles.

The Linha Laranja buses leave the Health Centre for the station at about 13 and 43 minutes past every hour and don't fret if they are late, as the timekeeping on that route is notably poor.

3. Re: Old Town To Train Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 15:16