We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Town Accommodation - Albufeira

ENGLAND
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Old Town Accommodation - Albufeira

I wonder if anyone can suggest any nice hotels in the old town near to the fishermans beach. I visited Albufeira last year on a hen weekend and we stayed in the Albufeira Jardim apartments. These apartments are great and I am considering booking these again this year for myself and my partner but wondered if anyone could suggest anything a bit nearer to the old town. I have had a look at the Rocamar and also the Sol E Mar so any feedback on these would be great but any suggestions or recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks

Liverpool
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Town Accommodation - Albufeira

Hi,

Can I suggest the Brisasol apart hotel or the Cerro Alagoa Hotel. They are above the old town, ok slight uphill walk back but nice walk down there! The pool view rooms are best in the Brisasol and also get a garden/pool view in the Cerro. The Brisasol will be cheaper.

Hope this helps you.

Ray

Kent
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Town Accommodation - Albufeira

Hi, 4 of us stayed at the Rocamar at the end of May and we found the hotel, service, food etc all fine - inexpensive, but good situ just above the beach and close to the Old Town

The buffet at the Rocamar - only 10 Euros p/person for 3 courses (or as much as you can eat basically) - the food was OK and you get a glass of OK wine with the meal

Walk down the road to the Old town - where tunnel goes down to the beach and visit Casa Da Fonte (up the steps on the right just before the tunnel to the beach). There is an inside and outside eating area - this was THE best restaurant that we ate in

Enjoy your trip

Kent
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Town Accommodation - Albufeira

Hi, 4 of us stayed at the Rocamar at the end of May and we found the hotel, service, food etc all fine - inexpensive, but good situ just above the beach and close to the Old Town. Get a room with a sea view - worth that little bit extra

The buffet at the Rocamar is good - only 10 Euros p/person for 3 courses (or as much as you can eat basically) - the food was OK and you get a glass of OK wine with the meal

Walk down the road to the Old town - where tunnel goes down to the beach and visit Casa Da Fonte (up the steps on the right just before the tunnel to the beach). There is an inside and outside eating area - this was THE best restaurant that we ate in

Enjoy your trip

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,795 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Town Accommodation - Albufeira

The Rocamar has a superb location - just 50m from the beach. Straight down! It's at the top of a cliff (and a suitably long set of steps) but it's only a few minutes walk to the tunnel!

They have also had quite a big refurbishment recently and everything looks shiny and new.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
682 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Town Accommodation - Albufeira

Cubsur, Have you seen the Hotel Boa Vista lately? They were closed for renovations and I was wondering if it had improved.

ENGLAND
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Town Accommodation - Albufeira

Thanks guys for your advice, have taken it all on board and will book one of the hotels mentioned within the next few days.

Thanks again for taking the time to post a reply.

7. Re: Old Town Accommodation - Albufeira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 15:26