We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Town or the Strip?

Heerlen, the...
Level Contributor
24 posts
292 reviews
Save Topic
Old Town or the Strip?

My daughter and her friends (3 girls) want to go to Albufeira in late May. They are 17 to 19 years old. We know Albufeira but never stayed in town (we were in and around Olhos d'Agua for the last 10 years). My daughter thinks the best part of Albufeira to rent an apartment is in old town, near the beach. They want to go out in the evening, will there be enough young people around old town in the evening or is it better to take an apartment near the Strip? We know Albufeira old town from the evenings in July/August but I think it will be not that busy in May/June.

Thanks a lot!

peterborough
Level Contributor
172 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Town or the Strip?

At there age the strip would be better

Kildare
Level Contributor
1,736 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Town or the Strip?

Probably the strip alright, old town caters more for families and a more mature age group. Actually older not particularly more mature!! Old town does have better beach and easier access and will be quite busy in late May, but for clubbers and karaoke queens the strip has it.

Heerlen, the...
Level Contributor
24 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Town or the Strip?

Thank you both!

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Town or the Strip?

I agree but there are plenty of young people in old town around dominoes, twist, and atrium area and much better atmosphere, if I was their age I would alternate each night, but I'd always stay in old town

Heerlen, the...
Level Contributor
24 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Town or the Strip?

Thank you! My daughter booked an apartment in Old town, she saw the Strip on You Tube and decided she didn't want to stay there. They'll be there the first week of June.

6. Re: Old Town or the Strip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2014, 16:15