We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old town apartments with large balcony

England
Level Contributor
124 posts
Old town apartments with large balcony

Can anyone suggest any apartments in the old town with a large balcony, preferably 4 star but will look at 3 star. We would like to walk to restaurants nearby, we have a baby so would like a nice big balcony to spend the evenings.

England
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
1. Re: Old town apartments with large balcony

Not direct in the Old Town, but within walking distance is the Paraiso. The apartments have a double balcony and they are massive. One with a pool view is recommended, otherwise you will be facing the car park!

4* and plenty of restaurants nearby. 20 minutes or so walk to the beach, if that would be a problem.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,404 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Old town apartments with large balcony

There aren't many apartments to rent in the old town itself except for private rentals. The newer tourist apartment hotels are up on the hill overlooking the town. There are those closer than Paraiso but I shall let others recommend as I have never stayed in any of them.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Old town apartments with large balcony

Brisasol sol has good balconies but just like the paraiso down the road you must book a pool view room. Higher levels do get a view of the sea in the distance.

England
Level Contributor
124 posts
4. Re: Old town apartments with large balcony

Thanks for your replies. We don't mind a walk to the old town but we will have a buggy. I have looked at the pariso but I was a little put off by the reviews. Ideally we would like sun loungers on the balcony as we may be spending a long time there while the baby sleeps, but not sure if I am looking for something that doesn't exist. Any suggestions welcome :-)

England
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
5. Re: Old town apartments with large balcony

Quote: 'I have looked at the pariso but I was a little put off by the reviews.'

You will always find mixed reviews, I've been astonished at times at some of the poor reviews on what I've found excellent hotels. I've stayed at the Paraiso twice and recommended it as you were asking for a large balcony, probably one of the largest balconies I've ever had, apart from when maybe I've had a corner room.

Not too sure about loungers on the balcony though, maybe worth asking them? Maybe a ground floor with a terrace would give this option?

I've only had a drink in the Brisa Sol, but staying there in March. Much smaller balconies as far as I could see, though the ground floor would again give you the lounger options. Pool view as mentioned.

cork
Level Contributor
321 posts
174 reviews
6. Re: Old town apartments with large balcony

We stayed in the brisa sol and fairly decent balconies the one bedroom suites have huge balcony and sun beds and they have some ground floor apts and you can be near the pool and still near your apt but better to book with the hotel to be sure of one of these . Fab clean hotel

england
6 posts
7. Re: Old town apartments with large balcony

Look for ""SOL A SUL APARTMENTS",they have big balconys,in old town Center, they Very friendly,just 3minutes walking from Albufeira beach,went there last year,with. My 4years old daugther,coming back this year......Very child friendly

Google it. Sol a Sul

Kind regards

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
26 posts
8. Re: Old town apartments with large balcony

Www.solasul.com

Unbeatable location......

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
137 reviews
9. Re: Old town apartments with large balcony

happyholiday2

We also stayed at the Paraiso and had no complaints whatsoever with this hotel so it is worth considering. Unfortunately we have never had a room with a great view at the Paraiso - always looking out to the front (car park) and with very little sun. Didnt bother us as we are seldom in the room. I think the location will be ok for you but as Robby says a ground floor room with a patio would be ideal. When we stayed at Paraiso we loved the look of those ground floor rooms and always thought they would be ideal for families with children.

To walk into the old town its all down hill but a taxi back would only cost 4 euros. Another plus is that they run a courtesy bus in and out of the old town several times a day.

Good luck with your choice!

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
26 posts
10. Re: Old town apartments with large balcony

That's not true,last year i stay in SOL a SUL APARTMENTS,also there are apartments NEPTUNO,apartments TURIAL.....ETC....you don't need to go to PARAISO,that doesn't look like Albufeira anymore,very different from Old Town Center.But like any other citie , you can't see the sea , only cars.