We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas and new year

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Christmas and new year

My wife and I are coming to the tropical sol apartments for Christmas and newyear could you please point us in the right direction to any venues which will celebrate these dates.

Thank you

4 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,777 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Christmas and new year

New Year's Eve is celebrated here with a massive open air music and fireworks show down in the old town by the pier. Around 80,000 descend on the town for the free outdoor event, which is one of the largest in the country and sponsored by a TV company for their broadcast.. All the old town bars etc will be open until the early hours.

Some restaurants put on special meals etc but expect to pay a very great deal of money.

Christmas is a family affair. On Christmas Eve everything closes by 6 or 7pm. Portuguese families have their main get together and many of course will go to Mass at midnight.

A few places around town do a British style Christmas lunch or dinner on the 25th. Reservations are almost always needed. I don't know for sure who is doing so this year.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Christmas and new year

The Red Lion is doing Christmas dinner but I don't know if they are full or not yet.

Beautiful lunch.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Christmas and new year

Hi thanks for the reply can you please tell me where the red lion pub is thanks again pete

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Christmas and new year

It is on the road down to Oura beech from the island at the bottom of the strip.

If you look up to the right there are some steps up to the Red Lion. They have got a FB page.

Reply to: Christmas and new year
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira