We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

old town

huddersfield
Level Contributor
302 posts
old town

hi all, does anyone know if the work is finished in the old town as were going in april for 10 days. last year it was a mess and it looked a very long project ?

lisbon - portugal
Level Contributor
9 posts
48 reviews
1. Re: old town

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it is not finished yet. I was there early January. I don't think they will take much longer, but April may be risky. These things take time in Portugal...

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,282 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: old town

The work down by the Fisherman's beach is due to run until the end of May. There is also some work in the square to re-lay the paving stones that were damaged in last November's floods.

I am on my home to Albufeira as I write and I will make an update on the whole work situation over the weekend in another thread on this forum.

Battery is running out so must go now!

3. Re: old town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 00:18