We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking ticket

Opatija, Croatia
1 post
Parking ticket

Hello! I was on holiday in Algarve more than a year ago, where we rented a car from a local company. One day after parking we found a note in portuguese on our windscreen. There was no amount nor bank account number or anything, so we just left it like that. A couple of days ago I received a letter from the Portuguese Police to my UK address (again in Portuguese, but it says something about sanctions and 30 or 150 euros on there). I haven't gotten any letters from them before. I can't even understand if there is a bank account number on there or how should I pay them...

Has anyone been in this kind of situation or knows the kind of letter I am talking about...

2 replies to this topic
Portalegre, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: Parking ticket

Perhaps if you upload a picture to a photo-sharing website, and share the link to it, people will be more able to help.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
314 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: Parking ticket

How about using Google translate to find out what the letter says?

Also ring/email the hire company you used.(not the broker) They probably know something about it.

Reply to: Parking ticket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted