We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porto or Prague in November?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Porto or Prague in November?

Hey there,

Planning a trip to Europe this November (2018) with my boyfriend. The trip will start in Munich and Berlin for 8 days and I will fly out of Barcelona and end the trip there.

I have 4 full days In between Berlin and Barcelona. I’d love to visit either Prague or Porto but am having a hard time deciding.

We are both 28 yrs old, love art, good food, getting lost wandering around cities, wine/beer and I personally always love places with fun markets. All help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks TripAdvisorians

Best Seller
Sintra and Cascais Small-Group Day...
1,242 Reviews
from USD 87.70*
Best Seller
Douro Valley Small-Group Tour with...
1,016 Reviews
from USD 105.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Lisbon Small-Group Gourmet Portuguese...
487 Reviews
from USD 52.60*
4 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,477 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Porto or Prague in November?

One reason to go to Porto is that it will be a lot warmer than Prague. Check 'weather averages Porto' and then Prague. I will say that it can be a bit rainy in Porto in November, certainly always seems to rain when I am there around that time of year.

Porto is very hilly in parts but buses and trams are cheap. I've never been to Prague so cannot compare.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
2. Re: Porto or Prague in November?

Thanks for your help - I’m not much of a cold weathered person haha, so I was thinking it’s be nice to be in Porto for that reason too. Also - I’m more of a wino hehe. Thanks again!

Portalegre, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
103 reviews
3. Re: Porto or Prague in November?

Ha - the Prague forum says Prague, the porto forum says Porto!

I say Prague = it has a great vibe in the run-up to christmas, and a lot closer to where you already are.

And they have wine too :-)

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
4. Re: Porto or Prague in November?

Aha - I love that you noticed that! ;) it def made me more confused. I’ve decided to go with Prague now officially and will save Porto for another trip one day. Can’t wait! Thanks for your help!

Reply to: Porto or Prague in November?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted