We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisboa Card for Senior Citizen + Sintra Tickets

New York
Level Contributor
43 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Lisboa Card for Senior Citizen + Sintra Tickets

I was planning to buy the Lisboa card for transportation and museum entrances, but a friend told me that senior citizens (I am 74) get into museums either free or half price, which if true would make the card less useful to me. Is this correct?

Also, I read that it is advisable to buy tickets to Sintra attractions online to avoid long lines at the ticket window. They offer a small discount online for multiple sites, plus a small senior citizen discount. But my guidebook says that the Lisboa card gives discounts to the Sintra sites, but this could mean waiting in line at their ticket booths. So, what is the best way to do this?

Mentioned in this post
Lisboa Airport
Lisboa Airport
Lisbon, Portugal
Sintra
Sintra
Sintra Municipality, Portugal
1 reply
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
23,353 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lisboa Card for Senior Citizen + Sintra Tickets

senior citizens (I am 74) get into museums either free or half price - for free no, it's more 50% discount (not in Sintra, there it's more 20-30% discount).

is advisable to buy tickets to Sintra attractions online to avoid long lines at the ticket window - Yes, do it. Lisboa card doesn't give you a bettter discount.

Mentioned in this post
Sintra
Sintra
Sintra Municipality, Portugal
Lisboa Airport
Lisboa Airport
Lisbon, Portugal
Reply to: Lisboa Card for Senior Citizen + Sintra Tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted