We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portugal Tolls

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Portugal Tolls

We are driving into Portugal from Spain in a Rental Car and enter Portugal via the A22 from Seville and are heading to Lagos.

From Lagos we drive to Lisbon.. Porto and then to Madrid.

My question is this :

IF I REGISTER WITH EASY TOLL ON MY ENTRY INTO PORTUGAL then am I good to go on ALL Highways in Portugal and my credit card registered with EASY TOLL will be automatically charged.

Or are there any highways I can still not go on or pay for separately ?

Thanks in Advance !

Edited: 15 May 2018, 21:22
Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Lisbon
Lisbon
Lisbon District, Portugal
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Best Seller
Douro Valley Small-Group Tour with...
950 Reviews
from USD 83.30*
Best Seller
Sintra and Cascais Small-Group Day...
1,155 Reviews
from USD 86.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Fátima, Nazaré, and Óbidos...
735 Reviews
from USD 86.80*
2 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,253 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portugal Tolls

Go to website http://www.portugaltolls.com/ where it is all laid out. In general the highways with low numbers have toll booths where you can pay cash, those with higher numbers including A22 in Algarve to Lagos you can only pay by electronic means.

Beware if using a non-Euro credit card. If each ping at the toll gantry is registered as a single transaction (I have heard about this but at first didn't believe it) each couple of Euros toll fee could attract currency conversion charges and bank charges. You could end up paying double the toll fee when your credit card bill arrives.

It is possibly easier and less problem to buy a temporary visitors toll pass at the first service stop once you cross from Spain into Portugal.

Mentioned in this post
Algarve
Algarve
Portugal
Spain
Spain
Europe
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portugal Tolls

Hi !

Thanks for your detailed reply. I have a Euro card so planning to use the Easy Toll system.

My only question is will this be sufficient for ALL TOLL ROADS ? Portugal Tolls website says it's valid only on Electronic Only Toll roads. What about other toll roads ? I can pay cash on them ?

Regards

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Portugal Tolls
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted