We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silves taxi

N K
Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
190 posts
54 reviews
Silves taxi

I plan to arrive at Silves this Sunday at 8.23 am by train from Lagos. Will a taxi be available at the train station to go to the city center? Thanks in advance

5 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,844 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Silves taxi

Possibly, but if not telephone them on the numbers shown on the website at https://www.taxiarade.com/

It is only about 20 minutes walk down the hill and you will be rewarded by best views across the river valley.

N K
Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
190 posts
54 reviews
2. Re: Silves taxi

Hi - thanks. Is the walk from station to town centre down the hill? Then I can walk down. So, is it only the walk back that is uphill. Guess it is easier to get a taxi from the town center back to the station. I can save the uphill walk. Regards

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,844 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Silves taxi

"thanks. Is the walk from station to town centre down the hill?"

Yes it is downhill.

Taxis wait by the river just to the left of the bridge when you cross it. You will see them.

N K
Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
190 posts
54 reviews
4. Re: Silves taxi

Thanks for all the help. Had my hotel at Lagos ring up a taxi company at Silves and a taxi turned up to pick me up at the station. With no one around to ask for directions, it proved to be a good decision. As the same taxi offered to take us back, I could also leave the luggage in the taxi which was a big help.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,844 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Silves taxi

Excellent. Happy to hear that your trip was a good one.

Reply to: Silves taxi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted