We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discount train tickets for 4 Lisbon to Porto

Sydney, Australia
12 posts
Save Topic
Discount train tickets for 4 Lisbon to Porto

I try to book 4 "Promo" train tickets from Lisbon to Porto in cp.pt online. Why it only allows the first passenger to have the "Promot" price on offer EUR 26?? Did I miss anything in my booking details??

Mentioned in this post
Lisbon
Lisbon
Lisbon District, Portugal
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Best Seller
Douro Valley Small-Group Tour with...
950 Reviews
from USD 83.30*
Best Seller
Sintra and Cascais Small-Group Day...
1,155 Reviews
from USD 86.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Fátima, Nazaré, and Óbidos...
735 Reviews
from USD 86.80*
3 replies to this topic
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
24,468 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discount train tickets for 4 Lisbon to Porto

Maybe no more Promo tickets are available for that train? Have you tried for different train schedules?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,267 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discount train tickets for 4 Lisbon to Porto

I just took a look at a date 1 month ahead and promo tickets were available for 4 people in all but one train that day.

There is a disclaimer at the bottom of the page where trains are listed to the effect that tickets are subject to availability and that the offer may even be sold before you complete your purchase eg if someone else gets there first. If price is more important than timing, check trains before and after your preferred time.

Sydney, Australia
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Discount train tickets for 4 Lisbon to Porto

My conclusion is the discount ticket may be available but not always the case. After a few testing I received 4 full discount tickets on the way Lisbon to Porto. Train departs 7:00am int the morning.

On the way back I only received 1 full discount ticket. Train departs Porto at 6:30pm. When I booked my seat the website shows only 4-5 seats are akkocated.

Therefore the preliminary observation is CP discount like airline tickets very much depending on the peak or off peak time.

Mentioned in this post
Lisbon
Lisbon
Lisbon District, Portugal
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Reply to: Discount train tickets for 4 Lisbon to Porto
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted