We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Bruges

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Bruges

Hi all:

My Wife and I are staying in Brussels 3rd - 6th Oct 2013, and we are looking for some advice/help/info!

1. Where and What train would be best to get from Brussels to Bruges

2. What attractions Free & Paid would you recommend ( is a canal trip good?)

3. Where would you recommend a good place to eat (not great fish eaters)

We are hoping to be there by 10 am and leave by 8 or 9pm.

Thanks in advance

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,960 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Bruges

1. It depends on where you are staying. IC trains to Brugge, headed for Oostende or Knokke/Blankenberge, leave twice-hourly from Bruxelles-Nord, Bruxelles-Central and Bruxelles-Midi, in that order.

2. You can choose what appeals from tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g188671-Activiti… - bearing mind what day of the week this would be.

3. See top-rated Brugge restaurants on tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g188671-Bruges_W… - again, as I don't know what day of the week this would be, it is up to you to check closing days.

In case you didn't know, it would be cheaper to do this trip on the 5th or 6th, as you can get a weekend return ticket for €14.80. If you go on a weekday, this would cost €27.60 (i.e. 2 x the single fare, €13.80).

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Bruges

Thanks for your reply.

We intend going to Bruges on a Sat 6th Oct. We are staying in the Hotel Bloom!, Rue Royale, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Bruges

Sorry! Sat 5th

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,960 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Bruges

The closest railway station to Hotel Bloom is Gare du Nord: you can reach it by walking down one of the side-streets next to your hotel (any street going downhill - at least if you don't mind passing by "ladies in windows") and take the back entrance to the station, in rue d'Aerschot: you then have to walk right through to the other side for the ticket office.

Alternatively, you can take the 92/94 tram from outside your hotel to the stop Palais (after Parc), walk down the steps to rue Ravenstein and then through the Galerie Ravenstein to Gare centrale.

5. Re: Day trip to Bruges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Bruges