We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying a train ticket from Amsterdam to Bruge

Middlesbrough
6 posts
Buying a train ticket from Amsterdam to Bruge

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone outside the Netherlands has used the www.ns.nl website to purchase tickets from Amsterdam to Bruge online and then picked up the tickets from the Amsterdam Station kiosk.

Thanks in advance

Kat

UK
1 post
1. Re: Buying a train ticket from Amsterdam to Bruge

IM wondering about tis too...

and the price and the duration..hehez. :)

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,827 posts
284 reviews
2. Re: Buying a train ticket from Amsterdam to Bruge

Sorry, I have never bought tickets online. In fact there's no need to buy tickets in advance (if you take the regular intercity train).

Return ticket full fare is 79.20 euro per person on weekdays ; 47.40 euro on weekends. These prices are for the intercity train, not for Thalys (which takes only a few minutes shorter).

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Buying a train ticket from Amsterdam to Bruge

I haven't bought a train ticket from Amsterdam to Brugge, but I did recently but a ticket from Brugge to Amsterdam. I simply purchased the ticket for the intercity train at the Brugge train station. I had one train switch in Antwerp. I imagine that you can buy a ticket for the other direction from Amsterdam in much the same way.

A few years ago, I did take a train from Amsterdam to Prague. I just bought that ticket in the Amsterdam Centraal Station.

Holon
1 post
4. Re: Buying a train ticket from Amsterdam to Bruge

Hi

i wondered how long its to travel by train from Amsterdam to Brugge.

Is there any time table for train from Amsterdam to Brugge and return?

Nurit

nun@netvision.net.il

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,277 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Buying a train ticket from Amsterdam to Bruge

As ever, http://www.b-rail.be/main/E/ and don't forget to select international rather than national. Fill in Amsterdam Centraal as departure and Brugge as destination, date and preferred time. You will get a table of departures around that time, with the possibility (top or bottom of the table, I don't remember) of selecting earlier or later depatures and also of clicking "Return" which brings up the original boxes, with departure and destination stations inverted, for you to choose the date and time. Et voilà!

However, if you want prices, b-rail won't give them for international trips. There is of course also the Dutch railways site www.ns.nl/.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
6. Re: Buying a train ticket from Amsterdam to Bruge

For timetables for trains in all Europe I always use www.oebb.at, Austrian railways. Has an English page. I find this site quite handy.

But of course they don't know what it costs.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,491 posts
770 reviews
7. Re: Buying a train ticket from Amsterdam to Bruge

The advice on here is spot on target. I bought 2 tickets today for travel on Tuesday to Brugges. Bought them directly at the Central Station in Amsterdam. €89 each person for a round-trip ticket from Amsterdam to Brugges. Quick and easy although they didn't accept credit cards at the window. Only cash.

8. Re: Buying a train ticket from Amsterdam to Bruge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2010, 16:20
Get answers to your questions about Bruges