We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bruges Railway Station

UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bruges Railway Station

We're planning one night in Bruges to surprise our daughter who is playing in a band concert there in July.

We're going to use Air Miles so I hope it won't actually cost us a penny!

I'm fairly sure the best route for us will be Eurostar booked right through from our local station (a bit difficult to tell as I can only get fares from the Eurostar website up to July 1st at the moment).

Am I right to assume that the "Any Belgian Station" option means that we can arrive in Brussels on the Eurostar then hop on the next train to Bruges without buying another ticket?

Also, where is the railway station in Bruges in relation to the city - particularly the Market Square which is where the band are playing? We'll want to book a convenient hotel but we won't have any luggage to speak of so a reasonable walk isn't a problem.

Thanks!

London
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
993 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bruges Railway Station

Yes - the Any Belgian Station entitles you to get on the train to Bruges without buying another ticket.

The Station is a little way from the Market Square, but no more than 10 minutes walk for reasonably fast walkers - 15 if you are going for a more gentle stroll. There are also buses that run between the station and the Markt on a regular basis - if you look at www.bruges.be you will find a really good map in the tourist section which should help you get an idea of the distance.

Hope the concert goes well and your daughter likes the surprise.

UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bruges Railway Station

Thanks very much! Looks like that'll definitley be the best way to do it.

They've playing in Ypres and Gent as well but I think they're staying in Bruges. I need to wait a few days for the final info to check exactly where - she'll be happy to see us but I suspect she'd be mortified if we booked into the same hotel as the band (although I suspect a hotel taking 40 -ish teenagers won't have space for us anyway!)

East Worldham...
Level Contributor
384 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bruges Railway Station

book through a quality tour operator and you can get tickets further ahead as well as a quality hotel. i recommend www.railbookers.com

Brugge
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bruges Railway Station

or maybe book a nice and exclusive b&b...?

plenty of them in Bruges and less expensive than hotels.

UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bruges Railway Station

Thanks - I'll have a look at Railbookers. I haven't even started to look at hotels yet - we're not too particular though. I need to wait for the final tour itinerary to confirm which day they're playing in each city before I book anything.

6. Re: Bruges Railway Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 17:28
Get answers to your questions about Bruges
Recent Conversations