We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Pass for discounts on attractions?

Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Topic
Which Pass for discounts on attractions?

I will be visiting Brugges in September with a group of 4 people. We would like to visit the following places in one day:

1. Church of Our Lady

2. Canal Boat Tour

3. Frietmuseum

4. Choco-Story Museum

I know that there is a pass that covers the Frietmuseum and Choco-Story Museum for 13 Euros. Is there any other pass that would also cover other attractions that I listed and include the buses there?

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Bruges, Belgium
Level Contributor
140 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Pass for discounts on attractions?

There used to be a city card, but it does not exist anymore. There is another 'Museum pass' that covers the Church of our Lady and 13 other museums, but none of the ones on your list. Choco Story and Frietmuseum are two of the commercial museums who offer separate combi tickets. The Church of our Lady is one of the museums operated by the city, who offer the 'Museum pass' for 14 museums, the Church of our Lady is one of those 14. It costs 28 euro for 3 days. There is a combiticket Historium + Groeningemuseum: € 22,00, and a combiticket Kantcentrum + Volkskundemuseum: € 10. There is no pass that includes the canal boat tours. The boat tour costs 8 euro per person,all operators charge the same price. No need to get a pass for the busses, as Bruges is small and easily covered on foot.

Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Pass for discounts on attractions?

Okay, thanks for the detailed response! Is there any advantage to buying any of the tickets in advance vs at the door?

Bruges, Belgium
Level Contributor
140 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Pass for discounts on attractions?

Not really, the tickets are not cheaper when bought in advance, and Bruges does not have queues yet at museums like other cities, so no need to buy in advance to skip te line. Only tickets for concerts and performances are best bought in advance.

Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Pass for discounts on attractions?

Okay, in that case I'll buy tickets once I am there. Thanks!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
71,442 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Pass for discounts on attractions?

That's exactly what we do, and we've never had any issues.

Reply to: Which Pass for discounts on attractions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bruges
Recent Conversations