We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYE The Grand Ball at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam

Los Angeles...
1 post
2 reviews
NYE The Grand Ball at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam

Has anyone been to this party before? I'm afraid to book it blindly because of a bad, and very costly, experience of a NYE "ball" in Venice a couple of years ago.

7 replies to this topic
Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,829 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: NYE The Grand Ball at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam

I haven't been but the Sofitel Legend is ranked 13th out of 362 hotels in Amsterdam according to TA. I don't think they're going to risk their reputation by messing up a big event like a NYE Ball.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"--Mark Twain

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,383 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: NYE The Grand Ball at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam

I was surprised it was only 13th.

I did look at the web site for the ball but other than prices and munchies ( did not sound like a meal) and wine and beer , it did not say much other than black tie.

100 euros and 120 euros per person.

I wonder where you could find actual reviews. But I am with Dick that hotel is not going to do second rate.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
3. Re: NYE The Grand Ball at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam

In the last couple of weeks I have been to two events - one at the Sofitel the Grand and the other at the Andaz Amsterdam.

The food at the Andaz was better in my opinion, while I was expecting Sofitel to do it better, so it was a small surprise. There was not that much into it, but just very slightly disappointing considering how much it costs.

The Sofitel on the other hand has more old world charm, and a more grand - imposing presence. It should not be a bad experience in my opinion. The attending crowd should also be good.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,891 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: NYE The Grand Ball at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam

hi , I have never been to their NYE "do" but went regularly to their Sunday Brunch when they did them. I wish they still did! The quality of the food was exceptional and the good house wine was included. As was the entertainment, normally a trio playing easy listening music. In fact everything about it was perfect including the price. I would not hesitate to go if that is what you are looking for on a NYE ....geoff

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
5. Re: NYE The Grand Ball at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam

Hi BD-A1213

I cant reveiew any previous nights but myself and my wife are staying in Amsterdam for 5 days over NYE, neither of us is much into Trance/Hardcore/Techno and I dont feel much like freezing to death in a public square or city organised gathering so I've just booked this!

I'm looking forward to getting dressed up and the whole masked vibe (as long as its not too 'Eyes wide shut' lol) I couldnt tell if the ticket price included drinks or not and the dining options at the Sofitel are either 200euro a head 7 course fine dining or a 90 euro a head bistro style so may need to investigate other dining options.

I'm hoping its going to be a good night (or the wife will kill me, mask or not) sorry, just realised none of this is helpful.

Southampton, United...
1 post
6. Re: NYE The Grand Ball at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam

So how was it?? Thinking about this for NYE 2017......

1 post
7. Re: NYE The Grand Ball at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam

Thinking about getting tickets to this also. Traveling from the united states anyone been or have suggestions

Reply to: NYE The Grand Ball at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted