We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundromats in Amsterdam??

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Laundromats in Amsterdam??

Hi

Anyone know of any self-serve laundromats in downtown Amsterdam specifically near Banks Mansion ;-)

Zaanse Schans Windmills, Marken and...
2,350 reviews
from USD 66.88*
Amsterdam Evening Canal Cruise with...
789 reviews
from USD 108.23*
Bruges Day Trip from Amsterdam
981 reviews
from USD 115.52*
Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: Van Gogh Museum and...
474 reviews
from USD 120.39*
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
269 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundromats in Amsterdam??

I dont know where the Banks Mansion is located but I do know of 2 laundromats in the centrum. One is on Harlemerstraat near Barneys and the other is in a little alley off the Damrak across from 420 cafe. There are quite a few more so I'm sure the locals will know more. Last time we rented a studio apt with washer and dryer which was real nice.(please forgive my spelling in any language)

Sackville
Level Contributor
372 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundromats in Amsterdam??

I used the wasserette on Harlemerstraat last June.

The kind attendant offered to do my 2 loads for 6 euros.

I had a white wash and a colour one.

I picked up my neatly bundled wash a few hours later and took it back to the apartment.

My white shorts were navy blue and all the elastic was stretched beyond belief!

Better luck with your wash!

Here's a list of wasserettes (laundrettes) in Amsterdam:

allesinamsterdam.nl/item/…ia1057_nk.html

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundromats in Amsterdam??

There is one in warmoestraat...............

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,906 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundromats in Amsterdam??

They are called Stomerij's in NL. Pretty sure that there is one just up the street from the Banks Mansion on the Vijzelstraat around 200m away if memory serves me correctly. Banks is on the corner of Vijzelstraat and Herengraght. Good hotel choice btw.

They normally do service washes there so you can just drop off your washing. I think they do an ironing service too but maybe that is just if you have dry cleaning.

If that one is not open (I think they might be renovating the building) then there is one on the Ferdinand Bol Straat which I used to use all the time. Just take tram 24 or 16 to the Mara Heineken Plein (right behind the Heineken Experience). Walk 50m up the steet and its on the left.

Alternatively bring your smalls round to mine and I'll do them for 10 euros (only kidding :-))

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundromats in Amsterdam??

What's your number Ronaldo? LOL!

Yes - looking forward to my stay at Banks Mansion for 2 nights after a 7 day Trafalgar Tour around Holland (which is why I will probably need a laundry by then!)...

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Using the link Davey posted I also found one on Kerkstraat. Ronaldo - the one you suggested - is that 200m North or South of BM?

After hearing Davey's experience and having heard this from other people before - i think I'd rather do it myself than just leave it - as nice as it would be to do that!!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,906 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundromats in Amsterdam??

Its south of the hotel Chickybabe, in the direction away from Central Station along the tramlines.

Maybe I have a business opportunity here taking in weary travellers laundry LOL

7. Re: Laundromats in Amsterdam??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 17:20
Get answers to your questions about Amsterdam