We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris, Brussels, Netherlands

Fort worth
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Paris, Brussels, Netherlands

I read to only take trains and my concern is how to get around once you arrive.. bikes and long walking are not options so I'm concerned how to see the cities via trains... I am flying to paris in April but want to see brussels a day then a few days seeing tulips around amsterdam or utrecht etc. Any advice appreciated how best to travel

5 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,531 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Paris, Brussels, Netherlands

All these cities have extensive public transport systems. Just use them or Uber.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
324 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Paris, Brussels, Netherlands

Hard to visit European cities without any walking. Most have whole areas which aren't accessible by car. As said: public transport is very good in each of the places above and will get you places a car won't.

Europe
Level Contributor
4,021 posts
3. Re: Paris, Brussels, Netherlands

No better way to travel between Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam than the high speed train. Faster and more comfortable than by car. Book your tickets early for the best rates on thalys.com

Once there see post #2.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
230 posts
133 reviews
4. Re: Paris, Brussels, Netherlands

Both Brussels/Amsterdam (and even some may consider Paris) are very walkable cities once you get there. All three have extensive public transport to navigate within the cities, but you can always use Uber if you are intimidated by the subways.

From Amsterdam to see tulips in say Keukenhof is extremely easy via public transport as well...Keukenhof Express (bus 858) leaving from Schiphol to Keukenhof

Assam, India
Level Contributor
554 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: Paris, Brussels, Netherlands

Amsterdam has a good public transport network comprising buses, trams, metro trains and ferries. No problem. You can consider buying the GVB tickets which give you access to all public transport.. Check out this link ; https:/…gvb-dag-meerdagenkaart. However, you still will have to do some walking. After all, this is Europe!

Reply to: Paris, Brussels, Netherlands
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted