We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 nights in Amsterdam

new york city
Level Contributor
140 posts
91 reviews
5 nights in Amsterdam

We have 5 nights in Amsterdam coming up mid-November and would like recommendations for districts and hotels for that period. We may want to take a day trip outside Amsterdam, so accessible to public transport and trains. We enjoy real neighborhoods, with cafes, restaurants, and shopping. Budget is up to $150USD/night. I don't know if breakfast is usually included or not. Neither of us has been to Amsterdam in 45 years, so fill us in on the newer must-dos. We are very active New Yorkers, so walking and train-hopping are no problem. Thanks in advance.

Uncover Lab
Gift & Speciality Shops
Sterre Der Zee
Gift & Speciality Shops
TAA Store
Gift & Speciality Shops
6 replies to this topic
Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,935 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: 5 nights in Amsterdam

For better replies be sure to post EXACT dates.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"--Mark Twain

new york city
Level Contributor
140 posts
91 reviews
2. Re: 5 nights in Amsterdam

Hi. I forgot the dates we will be in Amsterdam: November 10-15

Thanks

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,790 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: 5 nights in Amsterdam

One thing for sure has happened in the past 45 years——Amsterdam hotels have gotten a lot more expensive.

All well reviewed all well located all in USD all plus tax all slightly above budget

Hotel Piet Hein 3 star $169

Times Hotel 3 star $168

Luxer Hotel 3 star $173

Leonardo Hotel 3 star $173

Nh Amsterdam Center 4 star $200

Any questions just ask

Edited: 15 October 2018, 23:06
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,790 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: 5 nights in Amsterdam

Nope

Luxer is $152 NOT $173

new york city
Level Contributor
140 posts
91 reviews
5. Re: 5 nights in Amsterdam

Yes...the hotels have gotten more expensive. I have booked a room at the XO Hotel Park West which has a tram right outside into the center. I can cancel if I can find something interesting and inexpensive downtown. Is this hotel a good choice as a back-up? We stayed in a "neighborhood" while in Chicago and took PT into the center and have done the same with Venice (Padova), and Genoa (Nervi). Do you think this would give the same experience or is it just office parks and no actual residents where this hotel is located. Dates are 11/10-15

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,790 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: 5 nights in Amsterdam

Others can talk about the location of that hotel. In my 20+ trips I have always opted for as central as,possible in an area I can walk everywhere all the time.

I skimp on the hotel before location. Others may see that differently

Edited: 16 October 2018, 08:19
Reply to: 5 nights in Amsterdam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted