We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anne Frank House Tickets - More to Come?

Quezon City...
9 posts
Anne Frank House Tickets - More to Come?

I suddenly have a few days to spend in Amsterdam on October 29, 30, and 31, 2018. I would like to visit the Anne Frank House with a colleague - I thought being just two people, there would be time even late in the evening, unfortunately, this is already sold out.

I can see that 20% of the tickets are quoted to be released on the date of the tour itself. I'd like to ask the community what their experience is with tickets being released on the 2 weeks or so before? If I refresh the website everyday, should I expect that some tickets open up?

8 replies to this topic
Breda, The...
Level Contributor
5,740 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Anne Frank House Tickets - More to Come?

Tickets to the Anne Frank house can only be bought online on the official website of the Anne Frank house. There is no ticket sale at the door and the resale of tickets by tour operators or private persons is strictly forbidden.

There are 2 different kinds of tickets available for the Anne Frank house:

1) Regular entry tickets

80% of the regular tickets go on sale exactly 2 months in advance, the remaining 20% goes on sale on the morning of the specific day in question, some time between 9:00 and 10:30.

To get these regular tickets; go to this website and click on the 1st red “buy tickets” button; https:/…

2) Entry tickets that include a 30-minute Introductory program.

These tickets also start to go on sale exactly 2 months in advance. To buy them, follow this link and click on the 2nd red button, the one that says “buy your tickets +”

https:/…

Quezon City...
9 posts
2. Re: Anne Frank House Tickets - More to Come?

Hi Breda_Travelgirl -

Thanks for the advice. I understand that the tickets are available from 2 months in advance. When you say that the 20% of the tickets goes on sale the morning of the specific question, this means I have to check the website on either Oct 29, 30, or 31 itself? Tickets don't come on line once again til then?

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,926 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Anne Frank House Tickets - More to Come?

Yes. Starting two weeks in advance start clicking on the website every day including the day of. You might also have to buy the introductory program.

We have been hearing pretty good things about folks being able to get tickets during those time frames.

"Not all those who wander are lost.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Quezon City...
9 posts
4. Re: Anne Frank House Tickets - More to Come?

Hi ddavis1950

Appreciate the advice. This has lifted up my spirits. I'd like to ask you (and Breda_Travelgirl or other folks) what the best time is? I take it that the 9:00-10:30 being quoted is AMS time? In the morning?

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
5,740 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Anne Frank House Tickets - More to Come?

The time quoted is indeed Amsterdam time. Just keep checking from now on until your last day in Amsterdam.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,926 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Anne Frank House Tickets - More to Come?

I like going as early as possible and head straight for the annex. That way you should have more time to linger. You can spend time to peruse the exhibits on the way way. The annex tends to be less crowded that way.

"Not all those who wander are lost.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Quezon City...
9 posts
7. Re: Anne Frank House Tickets - More to Come?

9 am as of today and it looks like there have been no tickets that have opened up... Fingers crossed.

Quezon City...
9 posts
8. Re: Anne Frank House Tickets - More to Come?

OK - Checked again this morning again and I am glad that I managed to secure tickets for Oct 29, Monday. What I had been doing was to refresh the website over and over again. I had thought of clicking forward just to see what dates had been opening up and how fast they were being bought. Then, when I clicked back the calendar to October, I noticed that where before the calendar would be in red, suddenly October 29 had the white background which indicated there were tickets.

So there, they looked to have opened up slots - I bought for 1130-1200 and there were 16 tickets available. I made sure to quickly snap up the two that I needed.

Thanks to the advice here!

Reply to: Anne Frank House Tickets - More to Come?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted