We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam accommodation

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
54 posts
18 reviews
Amsterdam accommodation

My son and his friend have booked flights for Amsterdam in October.

We are looking for accommodation for them but all seems very expensive, they are young and just need a bed to sleep in.

Could anyone recommend a site or a hostel for young travelers.

12 replies to this topic
Martinez, California
Level Contributor
215 posts
4 reviews
11. Re: Amsterdam accommodation

hi trigolly

happy they found a place to stay. they will have a great time. it's a pretty city with lots to see and lots of bikes. we walked alot, canal cruise, stopped for a glass of wine and people watched at rembrandt plaza, took a private tour out to the countryside (small fishing villages, cheese making, windmills) albert cuypmarket - pedestrian only - blocks and blocks of everything and anything, dam square is always busy, riding the tram.

withlocals.com has some things may interest them, maybe a dinner in a locals home/houseboat, a walking tour with a guide, a local food tour

eatingeurope.com - amsterdam, eatwith.com, martines-table.com

amsterdamcitytours.com, tomstours.nl

they may be interested in rijsttaffel, an indonesian buffet kinda meal. check restaurantblauw.nl

sampurna.com, purimas.nl, anekarasa.nl come hungry and may have some wait time, mostly evening times.

knowing that most places booked, means crowded, FYI: a marathon and amsterdam dance event happening over weekend.

just a few things they can check out. happy travels. (btw loved malaga for the day trip from our cruise ship, years back)

aloha

Edited: 12 October 2018, 09:00
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
54 posts
18 reviews
12. Re: Amsterdam accommodation

misspupule808 thank you so much I will pass on this information to them.

I am sure they will have a fab time.

I have lived in Malaga since 1985 and yes it is lovely.

Reply to: Amsterdam accommodation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted