We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bruge to Amsteram or the other way around?

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
46 reviews
Bruge to Amsteram or the other way around?

we want to come from Manchester to Amsterdam, however I am thinking of surprising my BF with a surprise trip sandwiched in to Bruges. Given we will be flying from Manchester which one would you do first? can anyone advise me on the train from Bruge to Amsterdam or the other way around?

thanks

3 replies to this topic
Europe
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
1. Re: Bruge to Amsteram or the other way around?

Probably better to fly to Brussels and out of Amsterdam (or the other way around)

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
5,727 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Bruge to Amsteram or the other way around?

How much days do you have? What airport will you be able to fly to and from in both the Netherlands and Belgium?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,545 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: Bruge to Amsteram or the other way around?

Don't think it really matters which way round you do it. Just do what you prefer. You can get cheap flights out of MAN to AMS or BRU and both have train station in the airport.

For trains https://www.b-europe.com/EN or NSinternational.nl are both official rail sites of the Belgian and Dutch rail networks.

From BRU there are direct trains to Brugge. From Brugge to Amsterdam you will need to change in Antwerp.

Edit - Thinking about it again I might do Brugge first simply because doing AMsterdam last it is easier to get to the airport for a flight back.

Brugge to BRU is 1h30.

Edited: 15 May 2018, 21:28
Reply to: Bruge to Amsteram or the other way around?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted