We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TripKey Update - May 14, 2018

Rancho Palos...
Level Contributor
94 posts
15 reviews
TripKey Update - May 14, 2018

I’ve already returned from my trip to Amsterdam the first week of April, but just received this email today from TripKey, so thought I would share here for all those planning upcoming trips. Some of you will recall I posted that I had pre-ordered a TripKey card ahead of my trip, but when I went to pick it up at Schipol (Hertz counter), they had none.

Bottom line: don’t plan on on using this for your transportation, at least for the foreseeable future.

PS, my Tripadvisor notifications feature doesn’t seem to work, so I’m not likely to see your responses/questions, if any. I’m posting this just to be helpful as I did not see that anyone had posted this update. Good luck to all. ~Roma

“Dear TripKey member,

You have registered on our TripKey website and we thank you for that. Whether you have already used TripKey or not, we would like to inform you on important changes that are taking place.

Limited card availability

Currently, due to the overwhelming success, we do not have sufficient stock to service all card requests and we cannot guarantee card availability at pick up. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

Registration closed

To ensure that the stock situation does not further deteriorate, we have closed our registration / reservation website.

Reserved for our members

We reserve our current stock for our registered members. However, please keep in mind that we do not have sufficient stock to service all card requests and we cannot guarantee card availability at pick up.

Our customer service doesn't have stock information

Our customer service does not have a 'realtime' overview of the stock at our pick-up locations. It is therefore useless to call and ask them whether a pick-up location has TripKey cards available. Best is to go or to contact the location directly.

Schiphol Airport pick-up/ drop-off location closed

Until further notice the Schiphol Airport outlet has been closed. The pressure on this booth was not doable anymore for the Hertz staff. We are looking for an alternative location and will keep you posted.

The good news

We are in the last development stage of our new registration and reservation platform. A system with a stock management that guarantees that the cards you have reserved will be waiting for you at the pick-up location on the pick-up day you have selected. At this moment, all our efforts go into getting the new system ready, fully tested and launched as soon as possible. Our product - a pay-as-you-go shared public transport card linked to credit card is unique. All reviews from travellers who have used the card are positive.

We are taking a small step back in order to take a big step forward.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

Best regards,

TripKey Management Team”

1 reply
Breda, The...
Level Contributor
5,731 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: TripKey Update - May 14, 2018

“I’m posting this just to be helpful as I did not see that anyone had posted this update”

Actually quite a lot of people have posted this update here on TA already. Also Tripkey are showing this exact message on their website and Facebook page.

Reply to: TripKey Update - May 14, 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted