We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Amsterdam November Trip

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
7,345 posts
269 reviews
Save Topic
Our Amsterdam November Trip

Hi, so excited to plan this trip. Thinking about some day trips or take a train and overnight there. Thinking of Hague, Delft, Rotterdam.

Any thoughts. 🎉🎉

6 replies to this topic
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,210 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Amsterdam November Trip

Id look first at how long your stay is

Is there anything you want to see outside of Amsterdam? A newer modern city like Rotterdam? A much smaller city that's a lot like Amstetdam------- Haarlem? A traditional Dutch village?

I find it almost impossible to get out of Amsterdam even on a two week trip. Be stronger than I am :-)

The biggest issue most visitors face------where can I stay and how much is it going to cost me.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,210 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Amsterdam November Trip

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18859…

Planning your trip can and should be a fun experience. This link above is my last trip. I was given a lot of good advice

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
118 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Amsterdam November Trip

What are you most interested in seeing? Architecture? Windmills? Castles? Lakes?

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,675 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Amsterdam November Trip

In recent years our trips to The Netherlands have all been in November. In planning keep in mind weather will be the biggest determining factor. I can't think of too many things you would have to commit to before going. Plan multiple day trip itineraries and make up your mind after you get there.

As for Amsterdam itself, acquaint yourself with the Anne Frank House website (if interested) and be prepared to book EXACTLY 2 months in advance.

A nice weather day will be bright sunshine with maybe just a little color left on the trees and about 55° (F). It can be beautiful.

To follow up on John's post he has been able to save folks an awful lot of money. If you haven't yet booked your lodging you can ask for help from him as well as others.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"--Mark Twain

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
7,345 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our Amsterdam November Trip

Thanks to all who answered.

We will be there 10 days.

Can't wait✈️✈️

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,028 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our Amsterdam November Trip

What things are you most interested in seeing? With 10 days there are plenty of ways to put your itinerary together just depends on particular interests in each place.

Reply to: Our Amsterdam November Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted