We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel pass for the trip

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Travel pass for the trip

Hi all,

My wife and me will be travelling to Amsterdam. We have planned to head to Haarlem after reaching Amsterdam Central Station, then stay in Haarlem for 2 days as we are visiting keukenhof. After Haarlem will stay in Giethoorn for 1 night, and head back to Amsterdam for the rest of the 4 days trip before flying back home.

I have done some searching over the internet for travelling to different points. Unsure about what passes or tickets I should purchase.

Need help to decide which travel passes or tickets to get! Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
61,964 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel pass for the trip

Well got to do the maths. For Giethoorn normal train tickets or even the discoverholland.com day ticket (it's so cheap that in some cases even 2 of these cost less than normal train single rides). For Amsterdam-Haarlem time possibly single rides or possibly a pass like Amsterdam & Region Travel Ticket.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g55616…

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Europe
Level Contributor
3,794 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel pass for the trip

You better hurry up if you still want to visit the Keukenhof.

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel pass for the trip

Hi Erik & Sandya,

Thanks for the response! I tried to go to discoverholland.com to find the tickets and find the following deal:

https:/…

If i understand correctly, I could purchase this to travel to Giethoorn from Haarlem. As i will staying in Giethoorn for 1 night, I will have to purchase single rides for 1] bus 70 to Steenwjik Station and 2] Steenwjik train ticket to Amsterdam.

Let me know if my understanding is correctly, please. :)

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel pass for the trip

Hi ASW33,

Thanks for the advise! Will be visiting Keukenhof on 13 May from Haarlem!

Level Contributor
1,185 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel pass for the trip

< As i will staying in Giethoorn for 1 night, I will have to purchase single rides for 1] bus 70 to Steenwjik Station and 2] Steenwjik train ticket to Amsterdam.>

The DH deal costs 23 euros. A single ticket Steenwijk - Amsterdam Centraal is 23.20 euros. And a single bus ticket will (probably) be 4 euros.

Unless you plan to travel before 0900 the cheapest option would be another DH ticket for the trip to Amsterdam.

Reply to: Travel pass for the trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted