We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anne Frank House

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Topic
Anne Frank House

We will going in August and hopefully will be able to get tickets...Can anyone recommend what time slot we should try to get while purchasing the tickets...Is is better to go early in the morning, afternoon, or late in the day...thanks.

7 replies to this topic
Maryland
Level Contributor
4,811 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anne Frank House

It doesn’t matter. Try to get whatever suits you.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,633 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anne Frank House

I like early in the morning as the annex isn't so full. Later in the day you will be moving through in a lock step line. In the morning you will have an opportunity to linger more often.

"Not all those who wander are lost.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Babylon, New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anne Frank House

We went early in morning to avoid the crowds forming as the day went on. Then afterwards went to eat next door at Pancake Amsterdam.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
12,054 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anne Frank House

Quick feedback - decided that I would visit AFH again on Sunday (20th May). Quite a few slots available at 06.50 (CET) this morning.

Europe
Level Contributor
3,792 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anne Frank House

Time should not make any difference as the afh generally is fully booked throughout the day every day.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
12,054 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anne Frank House

Agreed. It is never 'overcrowded', that is the whole point of mandatory booking, it is always full. I think you usually have to just pick a time that is available - you don't generally have much of a choice on a precise time.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
38,806 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anne Frank House

I would prefer to do early morning to have seen it early on.

Reply to: Anne Frank House
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted