Hi fellow TA forumers, would be grateful for any feedback/tips to my trip next week. It started out as a business trip but the kids were tagged on last minute and now I am having a full-on panic attack because I am only starting to plan now for the R&R bit hahaha.
16 May (Wed) - Morning arrival. Staying at Casa Hotel. Unlikely to do much because I have got to settle the kids in and have planned meetings in the afternoon.
17 May (Thurs) - Tradeshow. Evening time = family time
18 May (Fri) - Half Day @ Tradeshow. Check-out to move to Meininger Amsterdam City West. From now on R&R time.
19 May (Sat) - Local market --> Park --> Some shopping around Dam Square
20 May (Sun) - Zaanse Schans --> Canal cruise
21 May (Mon) - Depart
We are a family of 2A + 2C (5yo + 8yo)
1) On the nights of 16 & 17 May, any suggestions of where we can eat around Casa Hotel? Not looking for anything fanciful, just as long as its reasonable priced and tasted. Something you would eat on a weekday night. I tried to do a google view of Casa Hotel to get a sense of the neighbourhood but didn't see anything besides buildings.
2) Are there any reasonably tasty asian food outlets around Meininger Amsterdam City West?
3) Does the order of the programme make sense for 19 and 20 May? Those are places I want to go but I am not fixed on the sequence.
4) What local markets would you recommend? I am hoping to visit one that has fresh produce and maybe a few cooked food stalls.
5) I am torn between Amstelpark and Amsterdamese Bos. Both have petting zoo and playgrounds. Any fellow parents, please feel free to chip in your two cents.
6) For Zaanse Schans, when I did a google map search, it stated that I would need to walk 15mins to reach the windmills after I stepped out from the train station. Usually i trust everything Google Map tells me, but this trip I have a 5yo and 8yo with me and no prams. So I need to be realistic and ask the local experts' advice if the actual walking distance is really 15mins. Also, how long would someone typically take to spend there - check out a few windmills, visit the cheese and clog factory, and Verkade.