We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I refund Thalys ticket (flexible fare) in full

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
11 posts
145 reviews
67 helpful votes
Can I refund Thalys ticket (flexible fare) in full

Hi,

If I buy a flexible rate ticket fare from Thalys from Amsterdam to Paris but decides to cancel the trip and also cancel the train reservation in advance, will I be able to refund the full payment? I read somewhere in their site that it's 50%. I am wondering if anyone has already experienced refunding their Thalys ticket and was able to get it full. Thank you.

2 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,663 posts
52 reviews
41 helpful votes
1. Re: Can I refund Thalys ticket (flexible fare) in full

There are varying levels of flexibility depending on class of service and within class also. The most flexible is a premium class ticket (highest level of comfort 1, ie highest priced 1st class) which is 100% refundable if canceled before departure time or for 2 months after departure time 50% refundable if not canceled before departure time (no show). Go to Thalys, start the search process and you can read all the refund conditions by successively choosing comfort 2 then comfort 1 then the two fare levels per class and read the conditions for each ticket type.

Edited: 09 May 2018, 15:40
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
11 posts
145 reviews
67 helpful votes
2. Re: Can I refund Thalys ticket (flexible fare) in full

Thank you so much lennybruce. This information you shared is much appreciated. I will check Thalys site :)

Reply to: Can I refund Thalys ticket (flexible fare) in full
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted