We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I refund Thalys ticket (flexible fare) in full

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Can I refund Thalys ticket (flexible fare) in full

Hi,

If I buy a flexible rate ticket fare from Thalys from Amsterdam to Paris but decides to cancel the trip and also cancel the train reservation in advance, will I be able to refund the full payment? I read somewhere in their site that it's 50%. I am wondering if anyone has already experienced refunding their Thalys ticket and was able to get it full. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
2 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8,957 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I refund Thalys ticket (flexible fare) in full

There are varying levels of flexibility depending on class of service and within class also. The most flexible is a premium class ticket (highest level of comfort 1, ie highest priced 1st class) which is 100% refundable if canceled before departure time or for 2 months after departure time 50% refundable if not canceled before departure time (no show). Go to Thalys, start the search process and you can read all the refund conditions by successively choosing comfort 2 then comfort 1 then the two fare levels per class and read the conditions for each ticket type.

Edited: 09 May 2018, 15:40
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I refund Thalys ticket (flexible fare) in full

Thank you so much lennybruce. This information you shared is much appreciated. I will check Thalys site :)

Reply to: Can I refund Thalys ticket (flexible fare) in full
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted