We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

questions on transport

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
248 posts
123 reviews
questions on transport

Good afternoon. My son and I will be visiting the University in February. We plan to fly into Shiphol and take the train to Groningen. My questions are around transport. Do you recommend I purchase our train tickets in advance (is their a price break or convenience factor) or is it just something you do once you arrive with no problem or risk of a sold out train. It looks like there is more than one station for Groningen (groningen, europark, noord) which is the correct one? We will be staying at the NH Hotel de ville. And as our plane/train arrivals are later in the evening, is there typically a taxi stand at the train station or should I plan to book an uber? Lastly, I would certainly welcome any expert's insight or recommendations on places to eat or advice for enjoying the town. As it's our first time there, we are completely open to suggestions for our weekend there. Many thanks for all you do for TA forums. :)

12 replies to this topic
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
32 posts
27 reviews
11. Re: questions on transport

Thank you. Very helpful

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
32 posts
27 reviews
12. Re: questions on transport