We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food products that I can bring into the Netherlands

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
food products that I can bring into the Netherlands

I am visiting Netherlands from Australia, can I bring chocolate, nuts, ginger etc into the Netherlands?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: food products that I can bring into the Netherlands

why would you want to when you can get all that in the netherlands?..if it is just snacks you brought with you to eat on the plane then there is no problem

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food products that I can bring into the Netherlands

I want to bring some Buderim ginger and macadamia nuts for my family in Holland.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food products that I can bring into the Netherlands

I doubt you'll have a problem. I have a sister lives there that I bring food to all the time, including chocolate.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,667 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: food products that I can bring into the Netherlands

All allowed. The only problem areas are fresh meat/fish and some veggie products, as there have been fears of spreading farm-related diseases. Anything dried is fine. Quite more relaxed than in Oz/NZ but for a reason, the continent here is so big that the ecosystems should withstand all land transports from as far as Greece or Russia...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya] / regularly in trouble with customs for their likes for fresh fish and veggies from Asia and Caribbean :-(

5. Re: food products that I can bring into the Netherlands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2011, 16:15