We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eindhoven to Kinderdijk

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
47 posts
Eindhoven to Kinderdijk

Dear mates,

I'm going to stay in Eindhoven for 2 days this November, wanna take trip to Kinderdijk too while I'm staying. Can anyone tell me what is the best route and transportation should I take to go Kinderdijk from Eindhoven? Can I use my OV-chipkaart also in use these transports?

Any information will precious, thanks!

13 replies to this topic
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
47 posts
11. Re: Eindhoven to Kinderdijk

Thanks Ronaldo..!

Actually we're on honeymoon trip, we're going to Eindhoven this November and just two of us.

I've check this https:/…kinderdijk and for my conclusion:

- we will take a train from Eindhoven Station to Utrecht Centraal by IC train

- next, take a bus 90 from Utrecht Centraal to Kinderdijk by bus90

- these all costs only 2 persons x €27 = €54 including Kinderdijk entrance

Is it right? cmiiw..

Is €54 also valid for return to Eindhoven or we have to pay transport again beside discoverholland ticket?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,809 posts
81 reviews
12. Re: Eindhoven to Kinderdijk

You really need to read the web page you linked where it clearly states :-

"What's included

Admission e-ticket for Kinderdijk

Day return e-tickets from any station in the Netherlands to Dordrecht + bus ticket (also valid for Waterbus)"

Also read the special terms and conditions:-

"Special terms and conditions

The combination-ticket is valid for the train to Dordrecht station, for entrance to Kinderdijk, the 2 museum mills, the visitor center and travel on Arriva buses 10, 90 and 93; Waterbuses 20 (direct) and 202 (with a transfer at Driehoeksveer in Ridderkerk, stop: De Schans); and NS, Arriva, Breng, Connexion and Syntus trains.

Valid Monday till Friday after 09.00am, all day on Saturday and Sunday and not valid on King's Day, April 27"

So if that is not clear to you then you need to go via Dordrech train station (with a change in Breda) and then either the buses mentioned above or the Waterbus. You also need to print the tickets out on real paper.

>>Is €54 also valid for return to Eindhoven or we have to pay transport again beside discoverholland ticket?<<

See the bit about "Day return e-tickets" means round trip so no your transport is entirely covered.

Edited: 16 October 2018, 00:57
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
47 posts
13. Re: Eindhoven to Kinderdijk

thanks chantalm, ErikandSandya, Floris-07, Ronaldo..

your advices give us insight a lot! we'll keep these all as our guide

Reply to: Eindhoven to Kinderdijk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted