We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Netherlands 5 days

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Netherlands 5 days

We are planning following itinerary and would like feedback. We are mostly interested in touring cities and museums. We are not hugely keen on moving hotels but also do not want to be traveling back and forth across the country even though it isn't big. Maybe there is one economical city we should stay in instead. Here is the plan

7/8 Arrive Delft

7/9 Tour Hague next day - museums - back to Delft for night

7/10 Leave for Haarlem for 3 or 4 nights

7/11 Amsterdam - museums

7/12 Maybe Kroller Muller Museum

7/13 Open to ideas leave for Koln for a night or stay in Haarlem one more

7/14 Head to Frankfurt and spend night

7/15 Fly out of Frankfurt

Should we just stay in 1 city? Is Laiden or Urecht a better option to stay the whole time and easier to get to Frankfurt?

We really want to see Delft, go to Maurtishuis and MC Escher in the Hague, and got to Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh in Amsterdam.

Thank you!

3 replies to this topic
Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
11,466 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Netherlands 5 days

Utrecht would be a good single location. Very nice city itself and it's the train hub for the country, making your day trips easy enough.

I think getting a Museumkaart would be a good move. It should pay for itself with what you've listed.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Netherlands 5 days

Thank you! I was wondering about Urecht.

We are actually leaving from Ghent and stopping in Antwerp on way to Netherlands on 7/8.

Can you tell me which neighborhood to stay in Urecht? And, should we go straight to Urecht from Antwerp or do a stop in Delft on way?

Seems like doing the Hague trip on way with the museums would be too much. Also seems two museums in one day in Hague is alot...

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
11,466 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Netherlands 5 days

Start your search in the center and work out, and ignore the west/Jaarbeurs side of the station. I would get to your accommodation and settle in. But that's my preference.

The two museums won't be too bad. I've done it before.

Reply to: Netherlands 5 days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted