We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Netherlands - Museum Pass?

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Netherlands - Museum Pass?

Any chance there is a museum pass that includes museums in Den Haag and Amsterdam? I'm interested in Mauritshuis, The Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum? If not, what is the most economical route to visiting these?

I'm also interested in visiting Kroller Muller. Looks like train/bus takes 2.5 hours. Is that my only option for public transport?

Thank you!

4 replies to this topic
Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
11,488 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Netherlands - Museum Pass?

Yes, the Museumkaart

https://www.museumkaart.nl/

Yes the Kröller-Müller is reached by train to Ede, Arnhem or Appledoorn and then bus 106 (105 from Arnhem) to Otterloo. It's not terribly difficult. You can use Google Maps or www.9292.nl/en for details.

Edited: 10 May 2018, 16:27
Europe
Level Contributor
3,816 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Netherlands - Museum Pass?

Note that to visit the K-M you still have to pay the park fee even with a museumcard.

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
5,315 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Netherlands - Museum Pass?

And if you visit the Van Gogh Museum you need to reserve a time slot in advance. When you make the reservation you can indicate you will have a Museumkaart, so you don’t pay anything.

https://www.vangoghmuseum.nl/en

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
11,488 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Netherlands - Museum Pass?

We went to the Van Gogh on Tuesday and went right in with our Museumkaarts. I did book a time online, but the kassa lady didn't ask for it. By the time we left, about an hour later, she was telling people no slots were available until after 5pm. I guess it depends on how busy it is.

Reply to: Netherlands - Museum Pass?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted