In the end of May, we will be in Zurich for 2.5 days and would like to see the city and Mt. Titlis. We have a few questions and need some advice on our itenary.
We arrive in Zurich on a saturday at 11 am and head out to Venis on a 8:10 flight on Tuesday. I will be traveling with my husband and 9 year old son.
We are debating on weather to stay in Zurich and do a day trip to Mt. Titlis and back. or spend one nigh in Lucern/Engleberg?
If we decide to spend one nigh in Lucern/Englrburg which city would you sugest?
1. How easy will it be to get from one of these cities to the airport to catch an 8:10 flight (keep in mind we will have some luggage)? We do not have a car, so please also advice on how long this trip will take and how much will it cost and what the best mode of transport will be. If train is what you suggest, I'm assuming there will be train connections very early in the morning to the airport.
Any hottel suggestions are welcome too.
2. What kind of train pass should we buy for the family to go around Zurich and Mt. titlis for 2.5 days? I have read some thing about a 'Half fare card' what is this?
3. I thinking Monday might be the better day to do Mt. titlis, as the crowds will be less, is that correct? I've read some reviews which say the tours to Mt. Titlis begin at 10am from Lucern. Does that mean we cannot go earlier to 10am to Mt. Titlis? If we can go earlier, whats the earliest time we can go and whats the latest time we can come back? I ask this guestion incase tehre is a first/last time for the cable cars or trains.
4. If we go early to Mt Titlis, will we have time to do something in Lucern/Engleburg? What would you suggest we do. interested in seing some countryside and catching sight of a few animals like cows sheep etc or anything to keep a 9year olds attention.
5. As a tourist in Zurich for only a day or too. Any suggestions on what area or hotel we should stay in? Something close to the station and direct connection to the airport will be nice. We do plan to get bikes and bike around if possible or go on a guided bike tour of the city.
6. How long does it take from the airport to zurich?
Any advice and ways to save$$$ are welcome. Thanks.