We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zurich in 12 hours

New York, NY
Level Contributor
639 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Zurich in 12 hours

Hi,

A friend of mine will be in Zurich for about 12 hours during the day on Tuesday. Is there a quick guide on the Internet about how to get from the airport to the city, how to get around the city, and ideas about things to do in Zurich or neighborhoods that he can explore?

I think his main goal will be to stay awake during his 12 hour layover, so I would think the best activities for him are "active" things, such as seeing famous sights and the like. Also, just in case he's completely exhausted, might there be an inexpensive hotel near the airport where he can rent a room for just a few hours?

Thanks in advance.

Best Seller
Mount Titlis Day Tour from Zurich
1,078 Reviews
from USD 168.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip...
1,097 Reviews
from USD 258.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Swiss Alps Day Trip from Zurich...
389 Reviews
from USD 258.00*
Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zurich in 12 hours

Have a look at the 'top quetsions' box in the top right column of this page.

Zurich has an excellent transport system of trains, trams, boats and buses.

Check out www.zvv.ch

Edited: 15 April 2012, 18:45
Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,121 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zurich in 12 hours

There are day rooms inside the airport, which you can rent for only a few hours:

zurich-airport.com/desktopdefault.aspx/…

3. Re: Zurich in 12 hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 03:16