We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt Titlis vs Jungfraujoch

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
Level Contributor
16 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Mt Titlis vs Jungfraujoch

I have to choose between Mt Titlis and Jungfraujoch as I have limited time in Switzerland. I will be staying in Zurich. Is one day tour and back is possible for these location? which location is better in term of scenery. Basically I will visit Zermatt and Lauterbrunnen also. Is Lauterbrunnen in same location as Jungfraujoch.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
224 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt Titlis vs Jungfraujoch

Jungfrau is "the top of Europe" - ie. the highest place you could get to easily. The views are really great. I haven't been to Titlis yet, so can't compare, but either way, you really have to go on a clear day, or the trip will be partly wasted, as you won't have any view, which is the best part of it all. Prepare to be quite tired after being in such thin air - and remember to take a jacket, even if the wather down below is toasty.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,354 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt Titlis vs Jungfraujoch

Hi Juminkamki

Mt. Titlis - www.titlis.ch - is above Engelberg in the greater Lucerne area while Jungfraujoch is in the Bernese Oberland - www.myjungfrau.ch -. Both mountains are glacier experiences and very spectacular but not similar.

I think Jungfrau is to far away from Zurich to do it in a day excursion while Titlis would be reachable - see www.sbb.ch/en for timetables -.

Lauterbrunnen would be closer to Jungfraujoch but it is not the same location. You could have a look at www.viamichelin.ch where your prefered places are and look for the traveltime at the SBB website.

pore

3. Re: Mt Titlis vs Jungfraujoch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 20:20