We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dirty laundry

Somers Point, NJ
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Dirty laundry

Are there any laundromats in Saas Fee &/or Zermatt?

We're spending 21 days split between the two.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,336 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dirty laundry

Yes, I know there is a laundromat in Zermatt.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
35,727 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dirty laundry

I was in Zermatt and Saas Fee this last weekend (my husband and I were refugees from the Tour de France that invaded our town - Martigny!)

There are MANY laudromats in both places...no worries. In fact I even commentated to my husband on how many there were. (Unlike in Verbier where we used to live where there are one or two...)

So - no worries. You will have clean clothes!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
640 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dirty laundry

Are they self-service where you put coins in the machines or you drop a bag off and they do it for you?

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,336 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dirty laundry

I think there are both in Zermatt. I seem to recall hearing others speak about experiences with both.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
35,727 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dirty laundry

They do both - you can drop off your laundry and they will put it through the machines for you or you can do it yourself. Costs are not much different so why waste valuable Zermatt time? Let them do the washing and you do the skiing or the walking!

6. Re: Dirty laundry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2010, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Zermatt