We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody ever heard of Hotel Gletscherblick?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Anybody ever heard of Hotel Gletscherblick?

Hi. My wife and I just booked a few nights at Hotel Gletscherblick in Grindelwald, but after scouring the internet I can't seem to find any reviews of this place . . . which is a little concerning. Anybody ever heard of this hotel or know anything about it? There's free cancellation for a couple of weeks so I just wanted to try and find some more information. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Grindelwald
Grindelwald
Jungfrau Region, Switzerland
6 replies to this topic
Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
16,167 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody ever heard of Hotel Gletscherblick?

Did you see this - https://gletscherblick.ch/en/ -?

pore

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody ever heard of Hotel Gletscherblick?

Thanks Pore. Yes I actually saw this, and apparently it’s a different Hotel Gletscherblick in Hasliberg? The one I booked at through Booking.com is located at 14 Kirchbühlstrasse, Grindelwald. Again no reviews, and no website but the pictures look fine and they actually responded to me right away which is a plus I guess. Trying to find out what the deal is though with this place, so I’m just wondering if anybody’s seen it or heard about it.

Mentioned in this post
Grindelwald
Grindelwald
Jungfrau Region, Switzerland
paris london
Level Contributor
4,243 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody ever heard of Hotel Gletscherblick?

It's a newly-opened hotel, the refurbished former Hotel Gletschertal, see https:/…13331704 The old hotel was structurally unsafe so went bankrupt and was closed for several years. I assume they've sorted out the structural problem but it would be wise to check.

Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
7,296 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody ever heard of Hotel Gletscherblick?

hotel-gletscherblick.ch/herzlich-willkommen/

moneyhouse.ch/de/company/hotel-gletscherblic…

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anybody ever heard of Hotel Gletscherblick?

Thanks for your responses. I'm going to assume the hotel has been renovated since that article came out 3 years ago, and is under new management. I still would like to hear some firsthand feedback about the place, so if anyone has been there I'd love to hear about it.

In the meantime I've reached out to the hotel to ask them about all this. Thanks again.

Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
7,296 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anybody ever heard of Hotel Gletscherblick?

If you look at the website you will see it is 15 days before it opens so hence no reviews!

Reply to: Anybody ever heard of Hotel Gletscherblick?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;