We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schaffhausen - Weizen (Germany)

Kiev, Ukraine
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Chernivtsi, Ivano-Frankivsk
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Schaffhausen - Weizen (Germany)

I plan to take travel by Wutach walley (Sauschwänzle bahn) steam train 11:40 Weizen - 12:40 Blumberg-Zollhaus 26 May 2018 and sleep in previous night in Schaffhausen.

I don't like idea to reach Weizen by public transport with detour to Lauchringen, because it's long and I don't mind to walk a bit.

Now my current plan is take bus 21 in Schaffhausen 9:50 to stop 10:16 Schleitheim, Bahnhoffstrasse and then walk remaining distance (about 5 km) to Weizen via Stuehlingen.

But I've noticed that it's may be possible to improve this plan and exit from same bus 4 stops later, at Schleitheim, Bachmühle.

There is no road, but forest trails. Google maps don't build hiking route here, but if we trust top openhikemap - it's less than 30 min to walk. But the most problematic place could be the bridge to cross Wutach river near Weizen. It's not displayed on Google Maps or Bing Maps, it's drawn on hikebikemap.org (Weizener steg). It's not possible to see no aerial view because of shadow from Swiss side, but I've found the photos of this bridge in internet. Does this bridge exist?

Also I can see mount Staufenberg (600 m) nearby, maybe those trail have so significant elevation up and down so walkin time could be bigger than from Schleitheim to Weizen via Stuehlingen?

Mentioned in this post
Schaffhausen
Schaffhausen
Canton of Schaffhausen, Switzerland
Rhine Falls Tour from Zurich
307 Reviews
from USD 55.30*
Special Offer
Supersaver: Zurich Highlights Tour...
18 Reviews
from USD 92.20*
USD 102.40
Rhine Falls and Stein am Rhein...
23 Reviews
from USD 67.60*
1 reply
Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,346 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schaffhausen - Weizen (Germany)

Use https://map.schweizmobil.ch/…

The route definitely exists (I would trust the Swiss National Topological Maps unreservedly), the way from Schleitheim Bachmühle to Weizen includes an ascent from 487 m (Bachmühle) to 574 m (Lendli saddle) and then descent to 466 m (Weizen). It is not much but may already be difficult for someone with e.g. serious knee or heart problems.

Reply to: Schaffhausen - Weizen (Germany)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted