We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Critique

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
40 posts
21 reviews
Itinerary Critique

Hello all,

My wife and I are finalizing our itinerary for our upcoming trip in June. I was looking for some critiques with our itinerary. We are arriving in Zurich and have the following planned. I have read and researched and feel like this is going to be best suited and allow us to maximize our 16 days in Switzerland.

Arrive in Zurich, train to Bern for 2 nights

Train to Lausanne for 4 nights, allows for multiple day trips

Train to Zermatt for 2 nights

Train to Lauterbrunnen for 3 nights(base city for Alps)

Train to Lucerne for 4 nights, before flying out of Zurich.

Does this seem like a good plan if not we are open to suggestions, thanks again for your time and input!

-TT

5 replies to this topic
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
59 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Itinerary Critique

I'd take one of the days from Lausanne or Lucerne and put it towards Lauterbrunnen, unless you prefer shops/museums/restaurants over nature and would get bored with the little mountain villages and hiking quickly.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
40 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Itinerary Critique

ok thanks for the input khtraveler, appreciate it!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
40 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Itinerary Critique

With changing to 4 nights would we have enough to do, not that we have to do anything but relax and enjoy ourselves but i want to get the most out our time at each location we go.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
59 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Itinerary Critique

I guess it depends on what you like doing. There are so many hikes, small villages, cable car view points, lakes, etc. in the area. Last trip we were there for 5 days and it wasn't enough for us so we're getting ready to go back for 7 days in July. And we'd be going for longer if I wasn't reminded by my husband that we actually have to see other parts of Europe too, so I forced myself to add Slovenia & Austria to this trip. At some point we plan to stay in Wengen for a month just to really soak in the beauty of the area. Wengen, Murren, Gimmelwald, Schilthorn, Jungfraujoch, Lauterbrunnen Valley hike, kleine scheidegg to männlichen hike, Trummelbach Falls, boat tour of Lake Thun or Lake Brienz, Interlaken, paragliding, Grindlewald, I could go on....and on.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
40 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Itinerary Critique

I really appreciate you taking the time to explain I think we will go with your suggestion. Another question is Bern worth staying 2 days in ? Or could we opt for a day trip from Lucerne.

Reply to: Itinerary Critique
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted