We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 nights in Switzerland

Poughkeesie, ny
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
6 nights in Switzerland

My wife an I will be arriving in Munich July 28th to August 4th. I was thinking of spending the first two nights in Lucerne and the next 3 in Wengen. The last night I thought we would stay in Munich and go to a concert. In your opinion is this too much hotel hopping? Should I stay in Wengen or Lucerne for 5 nights then Munich for the last night since we will be flying out of there? We like doing one or two touristy things a day as I want to leave time for relaxing and absorbing the culture.

I am at the beginning stage so I haven't planned activities yet. I was thinking one day Titlis and one day Mr. Rigi. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies to this topic
Schindellegi...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Kiev
Level Contributor
4,827 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: 6 nights in Switzerland

Not really clear what you are looking for.

Lucerne is an interesting town and starting point for exploring the region for mountains (Titlis, Pilatus, Rigi ...) and lakes (mainly Lake Lucerne). And also for possible concerts: KKL has one of the best concert halls. Places such as Ballenberg open air museum, Zurich, Berne, Basel are at easy day trip distance.

Wengen as a small, car free mountain village - outstanding mountain scenery, great place for mountain hiking.

Do you plan to stay in Munich when arriving? Might be easier to add a flight to Zurich for your stay in Switzerland and later on return to Munich by train.

But have a look at this TA forum page "Top questions about Switzerland", and www.myswitzerland.com for places and event you might be interested in.

paris london
Level Contributor
5,408 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: 6 nights in Switzerland

Are you aware how far Munich is from your Swiss destinations? You will spend a day and a half of your short trip travelling, and the journeys are not especially scenic. I would strongly suggest reconsidering where you stay. There is plenty to do in Munich and nearby, including the Bavarian Alps.

If you haven't yet booked your flights, I would suggest travelling to Zurich or Basel if you want to visit the locations you mention.

Reply to: 6 nights in Switzerland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted