We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Fiumicino to Perugia

Which Perugia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam, The...
10 posts
Save Topic
From Fiumicino to Perugia

Tomorrow (15 February 2013) I will arrive by plane at Rome Fiumicino at 16:30. How can I get to Perugia by bus or by train? The websites seem to give contradictatory information.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,564 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Fiumicino to Perugia

It is unlikely that you'll be able to take the direct SULGA bus from Roma FCO to Perugia which departs at 17:00 from outside Terminal 3.

Consequently, you should take the Trenitalia FR1 airport train from FCO train station to Roma TIBURTINA station (8 Euros, departing every 15 minutes, travel time 45 minutes), then CONNECT to the Trenitalia unreserved regionale train from TIBURTINA to Perugia departing at 18:07 OR 19:07.

There is also a Trenitalia reserved Intercity train from TIBURTINA station at 20:04.

You could take any of the foregoing trains out of Roma TERMINI station as well, if you prefer to go into TERMINI station instead of TIBURTINA. The nonstop airport train to TERMINI costs 14 Euros, takes 32 minutes and departs every 30 minutes.

There is an advantage to boarding the unreserved regionale trains at TERMINI, viz. getting first choice of seats. There is no real advantage to boarding the reserved Intercity train at TERMINI. The Intercity train reaches Perugia only 13 minutes faster than the unreserved regionale trains.

Note that, depending on connection times of the two different airport trains, sometimes you can catch a Perugia-bound train from Termini and not from Tiburtina (or the converse).

Purchase the tickets for BOTH trains at the FCO airport train station. Remember to validate the tickets for the airport train as well as for the unreserved Regionale train. You do not need to validate the ticket if you take the reserved Intercity train from Rome to Perugia.

http://www.sulga.it/orari/perugia_roma.pdf

www.trenitalia.it

Edited: 15 February 2013, 09:15
Amsterdam, The...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Fiumicino to Perugia

Thank you very much!

Amsterdam, The...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: From Fiumicino to Perugia

@Destination expert: following up on this, it may seem incredible, but I succeeded in catching the Sulga bus of 17:00. I was at the terminal at 16:55, and the bus left at 17:08.

But you were certainly right in cautioning that this might be difficult, and the fact that you gave me the alternatives certainly made me feel more quiet. So thanks again!

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,564 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Fiumicino to Perugia

Fantastic! I applaud you for posting your travel outcome, as this may help other travellers from FCO to Perugia.

5. Re: From Fiumicino to Perugia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2014, 17:15